Sunday, March 2, 2008

The New Club House is Nearing Completion!!


I have spent most of last week building, building and building. A tiny bit of scripting and lots of time getting friendly with the GIMP. I am pleased to say that the "bones" of our community center are complete. Come visit it using the SURL below, or using the Land Mark that you should have gotten in the announcement if you are already a member of Blackthorne Estates.


The club house is designed with a rococo theme in mind, although as usual, I do not really hold to a specific RL architectural style. It features intricately carved buttresses, vaulted ceilings, a nice dance patio. I 'll be adding furniture, dances and more landscaping soon. I want to see how I am doing with prims first. A stage for live events, and other events requiring a stage will be added, and possibly another "island" in the water for some other content.

Tentatively and likely permanently, we'll call the club house "Stephanie's Secret Garden". We'll develop a fanciful but still BDSMy atmosphere to the place. Eventually this will be the public face of Blackthorne Estates. I'll close the open areas on the ground to all but land owners and paying club members. Everyone else will be free to enjoy club house. As always, this club house is intended primarily for our land owners to relax and socialize with their neighbors. We feel that this can only be enhanced by promoting the club enough to attract a good group of like minded people to join as and enjoy our company as well. This is not to be a high lag, high traffic club!

I'll be adding a new blog post soon about the more social aspects of the club. Feel free and visit any time now! Give me any suggestions you have, I'd love to hear them.

No comments: